Sodor's Christmas Miracle is a feature-length stop-motion T.H.O.M.A.S. special.
The idea for this special was created by BiggestKirbyFanEver1994.
It is Christmastime on Sodor, and everyone has tons of jobs to do before Christmas. Thomas discovers a Christmas Genie named Miracle, who grants him 3 wishes. Thomas' third wish is ANOTHER Christmas Genie because he wants to use his wishes to help his friends out. However, Thomas' constant wishing for more Christmas Genies gets out of hand.
Meanwhile, Sir Topham Hatt attempts to negotiate with Sir Robert Norramby, Mr. Percival, and Sir Lowham Hatt on selling the Skarloey Railway, Culdee Fell Railway and Ulfstead Castle Railway to them.
- Iron 'Arry
- Iron Bert
- The Diesel
- Flying Scotsman
- Old Slow Coach
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mr. Percival
- Sir Robert Norramby
- Sir Lowham Hatt
- Miracle (new character)
- This special takes place between Season 1 and Season 2 of T.H.O.M.A.S.
- This is the first T.H.O.M.A.S. episode of many things:
- The first to be a feature-length Christmas special.
- The first in which every single character has a speaking role.
- The special is animated by Stoopid Monkey, the same production company that animated several adult stop-motion series, such as Robot Chicken, Titan Maximum, ect.
- The reason why this special is stop-motion is because Stoopid Monkey has previously done a Robot Chicken sketch parodying Thomas & Friends called "Blow Some Steam" which featured Thomas, James, Percy, Harold and Rosie.
- In addition, the special is meant to be a homage to the classic Rakin/Bass Christmas specials.
- Despite being in stop-motion, the special uses the same character models used in T.H.O.M.A.S. However, Hornby and Bachmann models are used for some characters (Murdoch, Mavis, Dart, D261, ect.)
- Miracle the genie is 2D animated, as opposed to stop-motion animated like the other characters.
- The special was originally meant to be canon to the main Thomas & Friends series. However, the idea was scrapped for unknown reasons.